Saturday 19 March 2011

Task 5b

I decided that in order to compare my own thoughts on “code of conduct for dance teachers”, to use an accredited professional format such as “The Code of Conduct and Professional Practise for Teachers registered with the Royal Academy of Dance.”

The link is below:


What I noticed when comparing my own thoughts to the RAD’s Code of Conduct was that my own regulations were in the RAD’s, but in a different form of wording.
  There were a few that were in the RAD’s that I had not necessarily included in my own, but I still agreed with, such as:
·         Not misrepresent their qualifications or experience
·         Registered teachers are required to teach constantly to a high standard and to encourage students to have high aspirations and expectations.

One regulation in particular caught my attention which was “work in a positive and cooperative manner”.  For me, positivity is such an important aspect in teaching.  Any negative energy that the teacher is feeling will automatically reflect on the students.  In the previous topic of questions, I explored how encouragement and a positive attitude work as a great advantage to any student.  Surveys and research even showed that those who received this kind of treatment in the educational environment showed improvement and therefore received better grades/ results. 

1 comment:

  1. Jess - liked your use of comparison to evaluate these varying codes - it makes both clearer and makes the analysis clearer... the readers talk about Argyris and Schon's espoused theories (what people say they are going to do) vs. actual practice... a positive manner must be hard to negotiate sometimes, but thinking it through makes it your own...This consideration links to the research and the informed consent you will be undertaking for the module.

    ReplyDelete