Thursday 10 March 2011

Task 4d, Award Title

From the beginning of this module I have known what area I wish to develop my current knowledge in.  All my questions and research are all related to injuries and how we each individually respond to them.
    However there are different areas and questions that I have been looking at on this subject which is why I do not want to make my award title too specific as I wish to cover all these areas.
   The award title that I propose is as follows:
“BA HONS Professional Practise (Injuries and their Outcomes)”

I chose the word “outcome” because this word can mean a variety of things, from the person’s feelings, their career prospects, their outlook on the industry, etc.  This means there are plenty of different fields of interest that I can get my teeth into.

I’d appreciate any feedback anyone can give me.  This Inquiry is a working progress and I am constantly looking to improve it.

2 comments:

  1. Jess this sounds overly specific - your are looking at people's perceptions and career prospects - that sounds broader than injury... even if the reason that a performer might have to face changes because of injury. There has perhaps been as much written about sports injuries as dance - Have you managed to get into the Middlesex Library e-journals yet? I just found 2 articles in The American Journal of Sports
    Medicine on injury what about Dance UK? links on my blog... so scope your topic area a bit more to find out what you would like to investigate- it should go with your professional practice... is your interest so specific to injury? It sounds like it goes further than this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou for your input Paula. After reading through your comment and my own post, I agree that it is too specific, whilst carrying out my Inquiry I have comes across more areas that relate to this topic which seem to spark up more questions and outcomes.
    The idea I have at the moment is :
    "BA HONS Professional Practise (Challenges of the Profession)"
    Do you feel this is more acceptable? I shall post this on your blog also as I would appreciate your feedback.

    ReplyDelete