Thursday 21 October 2010

Professional Profile

My name is Jessica Hunt and I am Professional performer, recently graduated from the Hammond School in Chester with a Level 6 National Diploma in Musical Theatre.
  I was born on the 8th of June in 1990 in my hometown Chester.  Before I began my training at the Hammond I studied my AS Levels in Theatre Studies and Peforming Arts.

I have studied dance from the age of 4 which includes Jazz, Tap, Ballet and Modern, and later went on to study Contemporary, Street Dance and Irish.  It was around the age of 15 that I became more focused on my Singing and Acting, which is when I began with extra lessons and entering oganisations and companies to develop these skills.

I started off as a dancer but by the time I began my professional training I had become a Singer/ Dancer/ Actress.

My first paid role was working as a member of the Ensemble in "The Wizard of Oz" at the Lowry Theatre in Manchester from November 2008- January 2009.  This was a great experience as Ensemble members were given the chance to audition to be an Understudy for oneof the main roles.  I then became the Understudy for "The Wicked Witch" which was played by Lorna Luft, so having the chance to shadow and work with such a well known actress was a such a privilege.

I have aso performed in other productions such as "Fame" playing the role of Serena at the Liverpool Empire, "When Midnight Strikes" as the role of Twyla with a touring company Taudevin, "Vampires" as a Lead Vocalist with the touring company Taudevin, "Bugsy Malone" as the role of Tallulah at the Liverpool Empire, "Witches of Eastwick" as the role of Jane at the Hammond Theatre and "Parade" as the role of Monteen at the Hammond Theatre.

Although my passion has always been to perform I also have a strong bckground in Teaching.  I have taught at many different schools, companies and theatre associations teaching children from age 3-16.  At the present moment I am the Musical Theatre Teacher at "North West Dance Studios" in Chester, and I am running a National BTEC Course in Dance at Upton High School.  Teaching is a major part of my life and I wish to develop my skills more in this area, which is why this course is ideal as I will gain a qualification that means I can progress more in this field.

Over the past 4 years I have taken part in many workshops from which I have gained more knowlegde of the performing world and the prospects that lie within it.  Such Workshops include working with the Broadway cast of "Lion King" and "Chicago", the West End cast of "Hairspray", the Touring Company of "Cats", esteemed Choreographer "Ken Oldfields" and a member of the cast of "Mary Poppins".

In my early years of training  took part in some Modelling work for "Chesters Young Designer of the Year" which had events that took place at "Cruise Nightclub" in Chester and a Charity Event at St Davids Park Hotel.

My references include my most recent Vocal Teacher Karen McKay (07736299239) and the Head of Dance at the Hammond Sarah Durrant (01244305353).

I am an extremily hard working professional. I put 100% into all I do, I am a strong leader but also an enthusiastic team player and love working as a company.  Aslong as I am doing something that I love for a living, that will mean the world to me.

3 comments:

  1. I would be very interested in receiving feedback from this as I am looking to improve and develop this as I continue with this course.
    Thankyou! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jess. I was just reading your profile and I think it's great. Really interesting. The only thing is it's a little long. Perhaps you could condense it a little? Try and keep the key information in it and keep that sense of passion that you show but make it a little shorter. I think that if someone was reading a lot of profiles for example they would want you to get straight to the point or they would move on without reading the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the feedback Mark, really appreciate it. I agree, I read it through again after recieving your comment, and I also feel it is too long. The informations there but I do need to condense it down. I'll work on editing it this coming week.

    ReplyDelete