Wednesday 5 October 2011

Tackling Module 3 WBS 3760

At first when I recieved all the new information for the new module of this course, I reacted the usual way which was by panicking.  After working abroad for the entire summer, returning to what seemed like "the impossible" was very daunting.
However, what this course has taught me to do is to stay calm, sit back, rationalise the situation and then proceed a bit at a time and by making a set plan/ timescale for the completion of my work.

After reviewing my feedback from the previous module I became more at ease with the module in hand and was able to look back over my work and familiarise myself with what I need to focus on the most.  Once I had read through Reader 7, I was able to get a better understanding of what I hoped to gain from this literature review.  In the last module I came across many artciles, publishings of work, journals etc, which all related to the topic of my Inquiry.  What I have to ask myself now is should I use one of those pieces of literature which I am already familiar with?  Should I use a new source of literature altogether?  Or shall I use the names of the Authors/ Publishers I have already found to research more articles or their own?

At present I am currently discussing dates with the guest speaker for my "Discussion Workshop".  This is something that will require organisation and consideration for both mine and their own daily schedule.

I am looking forward to carrying out my workshop, talking to more people and by expanding my networking unit both professionally and socially throughout this module.

1 comment:

  1. Good to see the thinking and how the Reader has been helpful in terms of the Literature review. the inquiry is about finding out something that relates to practice - about a question or topic that you wanted to find out more about and how the inquiry challenged the way you think or do things? Your speaker will hopefully say something that will be useful data - and the experience might give insight into how your younger learners can be introduced to the topic of injury/career opportunities in their education. Have you contacted other BTEC professionals to see what they do?

    ReplyDelete