Thursday 21 April 2011

Thoughts on my Focus Group

I had thought about the idea of conducting an Observation, but I could not find an area that directly relates to what I am doing and I don’t think it would help towards the development of my enquiry.
  I decided to create a focus group for those who have been injured, or who are still suffering from injuries.  I was able to find a good mixture of different situations and peoples opinions on how it has affected them. 
  There were:
·         some girls who have been injured and were still going through the recovery process
·         some that had been injured but were still working in their chosen profession
·         some that had been injured and were still trying to work in their chosen profession but struggling due to their injuries
·         some that had been injured and decided to stay in the same profession but gone in a different direction with it (e.g. the more creative side, behind the scenes, etc)
·         some who had been injured and had eventually decided to go down a different career path
What was interesting to me was that those who had decided to go down a different career path admitted that they had been considering getting back into the industry in some way or another, and that the focus group had inspired them to pursue it more.  One of those people was Steph Hunt.  I have been in contact with her since then and she has gone to great lengths to change her career path.  I am meeting with her in the near future to discuss how she has gone about this decision and the steps she has taken to do so.  I will be blogging her feedback to my questions as I feel this focus group has been a success in inspiring others to pursue their ambitions.

No comments:

Post a Comment